Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Bookmark and Share
File #: RES 20-879    Version: 1
Type: Resolution Status: Passed
In control: City Council
Final action: 7/8/2020
Title: Authorizing the City to enter into Cooperative Agreement No.103667 with the Minnesota Department of Transportation for federal participation in a force account for the Tedesco Street Reconstruction Project.
Sponsors: Amy Brendmoen
Attachments: 1. MnDOT Agreement Tedesco

Title

Authorizing the City to enter into Cooperative Agreement No.103667 with the Minnesota Department of Transportation for federal participation in a force account for the Tedesco Street Reconstruction Project.

Body

WHEREAS, the City is implementing a federal aid project to reconstruct Tedesco Street from Lafayette to Payne; and

 

WHEREAS, the Minnesota Department of Transportation (MnDOT) is the City’s agent to accept and disburse federal funds for construction, improvement, or enhancement of transportation financed in whole or in part by federal funds, as per the Delegate Contract Agency Agreement No.1030098, entered into with the City in 2018; and

 

WHEREAS, a public interest finding has determined the removal of the traffic signal system and the installation of street lighting can be completed more economically as a Force Account; and

 

WHEREAS, this Cooperative Agreement contains an indemnification clause in favor of MnDOT, which the Council finds reasonable and appropriate; and 

 

WHEREAS, the Force Account is eligible for the expenditure of federal aid funds, and is identified in MnDOT records as State Project 164-113-023, and in Federal Highway Administration records as Minnesota Project STPF 6220(157); and

 

WHEREAS, the estimated cost of the Force Account is $170,947 and it is anticipated that 80% (up to $136,757) of the cost of the Force Account is to be paid from federal funds and the remaining 20% (up to $34,190) will be paid for by the City.

 

NOW, THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED, that the Mayor and the proper City Officials are hereby authorized and directed for and on behalf of the City to enter into MnDOT Agreement No. 103667, a copy of which is before Council and is made a part hereof; and

 

BE IT FINALLY RESOLVED, that the Mayor and the proper City Officials are authorized to execute the Agreement and any amendments to the Agreement.

 

Date NameDistrictOpinionCommentAction
No records to display.