Repealing Chapter 50 of the Saint Paul Legislative Code pertaining to Individual Sewage Treatment Systems in its entirety and replacing it with new Chapter 50 language pertaining to Subsurface Sewage Treatment Systems. (To be withdrawn.)
THE COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF SAINT PAUL DOES ORDAIN:
Chapter 50 of the Saint Paul Legislative Code is hereby repealed in its entirety and replaced with the following:
Chapter 50. SUBSURFACE SEWAGE TREATMENT SYSTEMS
Sec. 50.01. - Short title.
This chapter shall by known and referred to as the Subsurface Sewage Treatment Systems (SSTS) ordinance.
Sec. 50.02. - Introduction.
This is an ordinance authorizing and providing for sewage treatment and soil dispersal in unsewered areas of the city. It establishes:
(1) Minimum standards for and regulation of Individual Sewage Treatment Systems (ISTS) and mid-sized Subsurface Sewage Treatment Systems (MSTS) (collectively referred to as SSTS) in unsewered incorporated and unincorporated areas of the City of Saint Paul, Incorporating by reference minimum standards established by Minnesota statutes and administrative rules of the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA),
(2) Requirements for issuing permits for installation, alteration, repair or expansion of SSTS,
(3) Requirements for all SSTS permitted under the revised Minnesota Rules, Chapters 7080 and 7081 to be operated under an approved management plan and operating permit when applicable,
(4) Standards for upgrade, repair, replacement, or abandonment of SSTS,
(5) Penalties for failure to comply with these provisions,
(6) Provisions for enforcement of these requirements, and
(7) Standards which promote the health, safety and welfare of the public as reflected in Minnesota Statutes sections 115.55, 145A.05, the City Co...Click here for full text